by Jack Maidment
NBA All-Star 2012:
- Kobe Bryant was visibly annoyed LeBron passed on the second to last possession (which he turned over) and when he decided to take the ball out to pass with 1.1 seconds left on the last play of the game. Kobe wanted him to take the challenge.
- Regardless, LeBron James was other-worldly for a stretch, making eight or nine in a row to bring the East back in the 4th.
- Pitbull was truly awful. Is he the least talented superstar singer/rapper we have right now?
- Mary J. killed the anthem. Phenomenal.
- Russell Westbrook lost his mind on his post-dunk celebrations.
- Kevin Durant cussed the ref for not calling a foul on an inbounds play that would have sent him to the line to ice the game (‘call the fucking foul ref’). I like that he was so invested.
- I thought Durant was going to hit the MVP trophy on the ceiling of the Amway Center when he lifted the award up. As scouts everywhere would say: His length is ridiculous.
- Derrick Rose does not care about winning All-Star games. He wants championships.
- I have never seen a basketball player more afraid to shoot free throws at the end of a game than Blake Griffin. He did not want that ball.
- Spike Lee’s tie was a horror show.
- Even in an All Star game Thibs was screaming for defence. ‘Stay on the boards Melo, stay on the BOARDS!’
- Out of all the non-teammate guys at the game the ones with the most obvious friendship were Kobe Bryant and Carmelo Anthony by a distance, followed by Blake Griffin and Kevin Love.
- LeBron’s beard had been trimmed. It looked sharp.
- Russell Westbrook’s shoes looked like they had melted.
- Steve Nash cut his hair. My friend text me to tell me he thought he looked like a 14-year-old girl. Agreed. Regardless his bounce pass from halfcourt through traffic was beautiful.
- Russell Westbrook is easily the most powerful and explosive dunker of the NBA’s guard class.
- Andrew Bynum and Dwight Howard are not friends.
- Andrew Bynum has silicon injection in his knees. This worries me.
- Deron Williams is a three-time All Star. How can a guy that good be that underrated?
- Dirk Nowitzki has perhaps the ugliest gate of any NBA player. It looks like one leg is half a foot shorter than the other when he runs.
- Dirk Nowitzki should sue Kobe and Kevin for copyright infringement.
- For every three Dwight Howard elects to take in All Star games, $100,000 should be donated to charity.